Part Time Visual Design Instructor
VISUAL DESIGN INSTRUCTOR
At the end of this 8-week part-time course, students will be able apply color, layout, and typography skills to design a single-scrolling product landing page from scratch that can be used to kick off a design portfolio. Students will also be able to present, defend, and critique their design decisions and create a process presentation deck that shows how their design evolved from rough sketches all the way through to a completed, polished design.
We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Visual Design course.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have a passion for design and an eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative people.
- You have a diverse visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms & devices.
- You have at least 5 years designing outstanding web-based products.
- You have fluency in all of the following areas:
- Creating visually engaging and innovative web-based and mobile products
- Cultivating bonds between customers and brands
- Weaving together typography, color, imagery, and iconography to create products that are both beautiful and easy-to-use
- Communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Teach 2 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 8 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of solving user experience design problems.
WHO ARE WE?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 14 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top