Part Time Product Management Instructor
In this 10-week course, students will learn to navigate the product cycle, from evaluating users and managing a roadmap to creating an MVP and developing metrics. We are looking for instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Product Management course.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of product managers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience with product management.
- You have fluency in the following topics: product development cycle, market analysis, user research, wireframing and storyboarding, financial modeling, product roadmaps, and creating product specs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach two, two-hour part-time classes per week, for 10 weeks.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that allows students to present a new product or a new product feature and demonstrate its product life cycle, business case, market analysis, key metrics, user personas, roadmap, MVP, and storyboard with the presentation skills of a product manager.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Assist students and teaching assistants outside of class as necessary.
Who Are We?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 8 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Back to top