Part Time Product Management Instructor
In this 10-week course, students will learn to navigate the product cycle, from evaluating users and managing a roadmap to creating an MVP and developing metrics. We are looking for instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Product Management course.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of product managers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience with product management.
- You have fluency in the following topics: product development cycle, market analysis, user research, wireframing and storyboarding, financial modeling, product roadmaps, and creating product specs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach two, two-hour part-time classes per week, for 10 weeks.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that allows students to present a new product or a new product feature and demonstrate its product life cycle, business case, market analysis, key metrics, user personas, roadmap, MVP, and storyboard with the presentation skills of a product manager.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Assist students and teaching assistants outside of class as necessary.
Who Are We?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 8 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
General Assembly is a licensed school in the state of New York and all instructors are required to be licensed by the State. To be employed by GA, you must submit an application to the State before your start date. The directions on how to become a licensed instructor will be shared with you if an offer of employment is made.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top