Part Time Online Course Mentor: Data Analysis
In this 10-week part-time online course, students learn to gather, analyze, and tell stories through data with SQL, Excel, and visualization. They’ll put those skills to practice through SQL challenges and projects, and receive mentor guidance to keep them moving forward.
We are looking for mentors to lead this transformative experience; someone who is passionate about teaching and interested in guiding our students to success.
- Engage with students 1:1 through video chat to patiently and thoughtfully answer curriculum questions, and provide feedback on assignments and projects
- Respond promptly and empathetically to student emails
- Guide students with real-work examples and recommend reliable resources
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize the student experience
Expertise in the Following Required
- Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Statistics, manipulation of large data sets, data visualization techniques
- Cleaning messy data, analyzing the data and presenting your data based insights
- You are on top of big data trends
Who You Are
- Patience, empathy, and communication are your greatest strengths
- You are excited and eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data analysts
- Proactive, engaging, and a team player - you are always finding ways to help those around you
- You revel in efficiency, and innovatively come up with solutions to better processes and systems
- You are exceptionally organized and responsive
- 8-25 hours a week, flexible schedules available
- Work Remotely - Must be US or UK based
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top