Part Time Data Science Instructor
Data Science Instructor Overview
In this 11-week course, students will receive a practical introduction to the interdisciplinary ﬁeld of data science and machine learning, which is at the intersection of computer science, statistics, and business. We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Data Science course.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Teach two 3-hour classes per week, for 11 weeks
• Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
• Guide students through development of a stellar final project that allows students to use large data sets to solve a business problem, create predictions, and make business decisions for improving a product.
• Adapt pre-built GA curriculum and lesson-plans to reflect industry trends and offer personal insights
• Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
• Assist students outside of class as necessary.
• You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
• You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
• You have at least 2 years of industry experience with data science (prior teaching experience a plus)
• You have fluency in most of the following topics: Probability, Statistics; Python (other scripting languages such as R a plus); AWS, EMR, MapReduce and/or Hadoop; Manipulation of large data sets; Data visualization techniques; Databases; Algorithms; Machine learning
Who We Are
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 8 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
General Assembly is a licensed school in the state of New York and all instructors are required to be licensed by the State. To be employed by GA, you must submit an application to the State before your start date. The directions on how to become a licensed instructor will be shared with you if an offer of employment is made.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top