Part Time Data Science Instructor
Data Science Instructor Overview
We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Data Science course.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Teach two 3-hour classes per week, for 10 weeks
• Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
• Guide students through development of a stellar final project that allows students to use large data sets to solve a business problem, create predictions, and make business decisions for improving a product.
• Adapt pre-built GA curriculum and lesson-plans to reflect industry trends and offer personal insights
• Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
• Assist students outside of class as necessary.
• You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
• You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
• You have at least 2 years of industry experience with data science (prior teaching experience a plus)
• You have fluency in most of the following topics: Probability, Statistics; Python (other scripting languages such as R a plus); AWS, EMR, MapReduce and/or Hadoop; Manipulation of large data sets; Data visualization techniques; Databases; Algorithms; Machine learning
Who We Are
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 8 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
Back to top