Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
Course – Part-Time
In this 10-week part-time course, students learn and practice turning messy real-world datasets into actionable, data-driven insights they can communicate. We will be using Excel, SQL and Tableau as the primary tools for analysis. We are looking for an instructor to lead this part-time Data Analytics course (see course page). Though we provide a core curriculum along with instructor resources, you will have the opportunity to implement your ideas by adapting our materials as one of the course’s first instructors.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have strong experience using the following tools: Excel, SQL and Tableau.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly students.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a role where you’ve been responsible for cleaning messy data, analyzing the data and presenting your data based insights.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach two, 3-hour part-time classes per week, for 10 weeks.
- Be available for student questions outside of the class.
- Attend a mandatory full-day instructional professional development workshop.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that translates large sets of data into business decision
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Assist students outside of class as necessary.
Who Are We?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 14 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
General Assembly is a licensed school in the state of New York and all instructors are required to be licensed by the State. To be employed by GA, you must submit an application to the State before your start date. The directions on how to become a licensed instructor will be shared with you if an offer of employment is made.
Back to top