Outcomes & Partnerships Manager
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Have you always wanted to work with a fast growing and global startup company? Do you love getting out there, meeting people and helping people pursue the work they love? Well.. keep on reading.
About General Assembly
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our second year in Melbourne. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design.
We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
Seeking an Outcomes & Partnerships Manager
As Outcomes & Partnerships Manager with General Assembly, you will be working alongside a team of passionate and dedicated individuals who thrive on collaboration and strengthening our industry relationships in the Melbourne tech community.
You’ll be responsible for managing job seeker programs - empowering graduates with the skills and knowledge to take control of their job seeking. The Outcomes Producer is also responsible for building and managing connections with employers. Working with both the local team and global Outcomes and Business Development teams, this position seeks to create a firm relationship between GA, student, and industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partnerships and business development:
Foster industry connections with companies looking to hire our full-time course graduates (Web Developers & User Experience Designers)
- Program management:
Manage job seeker programs, present careers sessions, and source guest speakers, mock interviewers, and portfolio reviewers. Coordinate all logistical aspects of hiring events. Ensure every single student has an amazing experience in our Outcomes program.
- Careers coach:
Support our full-time students through their transition from the classroom to their first job in a new industry as their 1:1 coach and counsellor.
Making sure job urgency and preparedness is top of mind for students and help students find jobs fast.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of work experience in recruiting, operations, or career coaching in the tech industry
- Familiarity with the digital and tech scene in Melbourne, and understanding of the local job market (you are going to be assisting Web Developers & User Experience Designers land roles in industry).
- Strong presentation skills. Commands confidence and trust.
- Empathy and maturity. Remains calm in difficult situations.
- Resourceful. Ability to make magic happen with limited resources.
- Detail oriented. There are many moving parts to manage in the Outcomes Producer role.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial. Able to take a strategic vision for the Outcomes department and translate it into, and execute upon, a tactical plan.
We are all about upskilling & professional development at General Assembly, as an employee you can study any of our classes, workshops and courses for free.
We love celebrating the wins too, whether it’s a team lunch, a night out or just kicking back with the team on a Friday afternoon for a round of table tennis and a few beverages.
We want someone hungry to learn, willing to work hard and also knows how to have fun.
Back to top