Manager, Client Engagement
WHO ARE WE?
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fifth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.
Our Enterprise business is 4+ years in and has recently worked with leading corporations like American Express, NFL, Staples and GE to help accelerate the digital transition of their executives and managers. General Assembly is the industry leader in sourcing, assessing, and transforming talent for the 21st Century. As we’ve seen tremendous demand for our services, we need an intelligent, experienced, hardworking, and motivating individual who can help us maintain our incredible growth rate by co-captaining a tight ship for our Engagement function.
SEEKING MANAGER, CLIENT ENGAGEMENT TEAM
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Manager, Client Engagement Team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of ~10-15 senior and junior level Client Engagement Managers (CEMs) as they execute engagements with our Fortune 500 clients. Our engagement team is responsible for the delivery of our blended learning products in-person and online and for managing engagement with client teams. Success in this role and for this team is measured by the impact we deliver for our clients, which leads them to grow the size of their relationships with GA over time.
You should bring deep experience in account and portfolio management in your day-to-day advising of CEMs in their pursuit of providing exemplary client service to facilitate parent-account growth. You should excel in providing coaching support to team members and have both breadth and depth in client-relationship management experiences, specifically with subscription-based products and services. You should have deep experience with account-planning and relationship-building in their pursuit of parent-account growth.
Tactically, you’ll be managing CEMs in their delivery of client work which includes:
- In-person programming and logistics for client executive leadership teams
- Driving online engagement and usage through the programming of compelling content
- The organization of briefs / updates for senior stakeholders
- Managing product budgets
You should be willing and able to offer strategic coaching, thought partnership, and your own presence at client and internal meetings as needed. You’re adept at building internal, cross-functional relationships and have an eye for operational efficiency. We’re looking for someone with a successful track record of account management / client service who has managed a successful team.
- Drive account growth at existing and new clients through successful engagement in-person and online
- Manage strategic and day-to-day work of ~10-15 Client Engagement Managers.
- Engagement Manager responsibilities include:
- Creating, planning and executing both online and offline engagement strategies to motivate participants to invest time in learning through our online products. Examples might include development of customized email campaigns, quizzes, sweepstakes, recognition, gamification (e.g., leaderboards)
- Designing and executing on email marketing campaign strategies
- Coordinating and working with our internal teams (e.g., design team, tech team) to create develop/support engagement campaigns
- Managing the timelines, logistics, and execution of assigned offline Enterprise education programs including the production of materials, instructor contracts, classroom setup design and catering.
- Organizing pre-program client communications, instructor communications, and post-program debrief sessions.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and client sponsors throughout the program planning process to create an on-brand and meaningful classroom experience.
- Help team identify areas for growth at specific clients
- Partner with Operations Lead and Head of Client Engagement on overall management of team
- Travel to client sites when needed for relationship-building or service-delivery purposes, especially when onboarding new team members
- Provide thought leadership and a strategic lens on engagements and client relationships when consulting teams
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is excited about an opportunity to build a business and is energized by the opportunity to coach the team in their provision of services that lead clients to optimal business outcomes. More specifically, you should have:
- Sharp business acumen and a perspective on strategy, which are applied in solutions-creation for clients and scaling of the Enterprise business
- 5+ years working in account management / client service at a research or consulting firm
- Strong leadership and management capabilities with experience leading teams and / or at least five direct reports
- Exemplary client-relationship management skills and a cache of experiences to share and from which to teach
- Facility with change management principles
Back to top