Local Marketing Manager
Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to lead local marketing for our NYC campus. This individual will set the vision and plan the region’s marketing efforts, in collaboration with the Regional Director. You’ll manage a small but mighty marketing team, including our local marketing producer, partnerships specialist, and admissions event producer as they work on events, audience development, partnerships, local PR, lead generation, and other marketing tactics. This person isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of marketing strategy and implementation.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing local marketing plan and strategy, with an emphasis on event production and execution, including the format, content, and cadence of classes, workshops and events, and how we promote them (partnerships, local PR, social, paid).
- Leading and managing a team. You work with each of your direct reports to set weekly, monthly and quarterly goals and develop the necessary skills to achieve team success. You have visibility into team members’ progress and provide daily management and motivation.
- Developing and managing our partner pipeline. You are integrally involved in determining who we should partner with externally and selling the value proposition of partnering with GA. You’ll determine how we manage contact and engagement strategy, and partnerships reporting.
- Optimizing our marketing funnel across all activities based on real-time data.
- Cross-team collaboration. You will coordinate with the global marketing team to learn and implement best practices. You will coordinate with other local managers to align your efforts with the efforts of other departments/teams.
- At least 4 years in marketing role with some cross-channel experience (email, social, events, digital, PR)
- Experience leading, managing, and developing others
- Launch experience a plus
- Strong examples of projects that showcase both strategic thinking & execution.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top