We are looking for full-time instructors:
Why teach our Web Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by sharing your love for software development with the next generation of developers, we’d love for you to consider joining our team. As an instructional associate in our WDI course, you will have the opportunity to shape the vision and delivery of the course materials.
We deliver more than just skills training, and are looking for teachers who share our vision for a community of lifelong learners pursuing work that they love. As a full-time instructional associate for our flagship full-time web development program, you will work with our instructional team to:
- Work closely with one or more Lead Instructors to guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards apprenticeship in software development.
- Become a better teacher, leader, and mentor as you learn from veteran instructors and our world-class instructional coaches.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and contributing back your lessons learned over time.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
- Identify and implement best practices for using resources to maximize student engagement
What do we teach?
We give students the chance to spend focused time building at least 4 major projects, in addition to other smaller projects and labs. About 20% of overall class time is spent on dedicated project work.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and careers of the newest generation of web developers.
- You are eager to teach
- You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in
- HTML and CSS
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PosgreSQL)
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB and Redis)
- At least one additional object-oriented language (Ruby preferred)
- You have taught or TA’d 1+ WDI instances in your campus or you are a recent WDI graduate eager to pass on your knowledge
- You should be in good standing in your current role
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure that students meet graduation requirements
- Meet consistently with a designated group of students in your cohort to chart their progress and provide ongoing support
- Responsible for the growth and development of a cohort of students within the class
- Foster a collaborative, community-minded learning environment
- Ongoing student communication around course progress
- Homework support and grading feedback
- Assist Lead Instructors in lesson planning and creation
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top