Inside Sales Associate
Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are seeking a driven, sales professional to join our Inside Sales Team. Sales at General Assembly involves dealing only with interested parties – there is NEVER any cold calling or prospecting. Your role at General Assembly is crucial as the Inside Sales Team is responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course as well as working with businesses to build opportunities for cohorts and tuition reimbursement. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for driving revenue that allows GA to continue to grow, scale, change lives.
The Inside Sales Team at General Assembly is the perfect medium between making money and serving others. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people that are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organization. Our teams are rapidly expanding and growth opportunities are abundant for those who are not afraid to roll up there sleeves and be a leader.
If you’re competitive, compassionate, hungry to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, General Assembly is the place for you and let's see what your made of!
- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of prospective students and businesses efficiently
- Own targets and manage a robust sales pipeline; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs
- Work with local businesses to develop enrollment partnerships by conveying the value of investing in their employees
- Comfort in managing pipeline through Salesforce
- Host and lead in-person info sessions to convert sales
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise, admissions or recruiting.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive personality ideal
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Driven by meeting numbers and experience exceeding quotas, driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top