General Manager, NY Campus
General Manager, NYC Campus
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fifth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Singapore, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
As a key member of the Campus team, you will make operational decisions for your P&L to execute on General Assembly’s overall growth objectives. This is an opportunity to flex your General Management muscles by owning the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus.
- Own the P&L for General Assembly’s New York campus; set targets, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions with the utmost concern for educational quality.
- Oversee your local market’s day-to-day operations including marketing, admissions, classroom experience for education programs, student outcomes, campus facilities, building a great team including local instructors, and cultivating an alumni network of raving fans.
- Draft, implement, manage, monitor, and report on quarterly budgets and key objectives. You know your dashboard well e.g. funnel, conversion rates, student satisfaction, team bandwidth, revenue, costs, and classroom utilization.
- Communicate priorities and recommendations to Senior Regional Director to manage and grow the market from a revenue target perspective.
- Provide clear communication to campus team on company performance, tying to global initiatives.
- Manage a diverse local team of employees, including junior managers. Spot talent needs and hire, coach and develop high-potential contributors. At the end of the day, you hire great people and keep them happy. You’re a strong team leader and communicator, and inspire your team to perform at a high level.
- Manage performance, crafting development plans and establishing success metrics that encourage the team to strive for and achieve success.
- Collaborate with General Assembly's senior management team and department heads to set goals, determine resource requirements, and make key strategic decisions.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape, understanding the tactics and strategies employed by comparable businesses.
- Own the full suite of qualitative and quantitative performance for your campus.
- Act as external face of the market in the local community.
- Reports directly into Senior Regional Director.
- You are an entrepreneurial, quantitative leader, and passionate about education. Perhaps you have started your own business before, or run a business unit within an existing company.
- You have a proven track record running a P&L. You’re comfortable with the financial concepts that come with that, including income statements, unit economics and revenue recognition. You have strong business acumen and deeply understand the unit economics of the business and can speak to their business performance.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You have advanced leadership abilities, including managing managers, and can motivate and inspire a team with diverse perspectives.
- You’re a strong listener who can hear students, instructors, and staff and make changes to improve the organization.
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Directing others
- Hiring & Staffing
- Customer Focus
- Managing Diversity
- Strategic Agility
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top