Freelance Educational Product Scriptwriter
Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series C startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
What We're Looking For:
Seasoned writers to contribute to General Assembly’s online course offerings. Ideal candidates have experience writing and editing video scripts, a passion for technology, innovation, design, and an interest in digital marketing.
- Writing scripts and generating storyboards for effective, visually engaging video projects on educational topics.
- Manage workload effectively, prioritizing and allocating time to maximize productivity while maintaining standards of creativity and quality — on deadline
- Collaborate with internal Product and A/V teams
- At least three years experience writing for technical or educational videos
- Proven experience managing time and deadlines successfully
- A portfolio of script/video work demonstrating originality and humor
- BA/BS in English, Communications or similar fields a plus
- Expertise in any of the following a plus: User Experience Design, Web Development, Web Design, Data Analysis, Data Science, Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, change direction, and roll with the punches – in other words, work well in a fast-paced environment
Back to top