Freelance Educational Product Scriptwriter
Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series C startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
What We're Looking For:
Seasoned writers to contribute to General Assembly’s online course offerings. Ideal candidates have experience writing and editing video scripts, a passion for technology, innovation, design, and an interest in digital marketing.
- Writing scripts and generating storyboards for effective, visually engaging video projects on educational topics.
- Manage workload effectively, prioritizing and allocating time to maximize productivity while maintaining standards of creativity and quality — on deadline
- Collaborate with internal Product and A/V teams
- At least three years experience writing for technical or educational videos
- Proven experience managing time and deadlines successfully
- A portfolio of script/video work demonstrating originality and humor
- BA/BS in English, Communications or similar fields a plus
- Expertise in any of the following a plus: User Experience Design, Web Development, Web Design, Data Analysis, Data Science, Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, change direction, and roll with the punches – in other words, work well in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top