WHO ARE WE?
Established in early 2011 as an innovative community in New York City for entrepreneurs and startup companies, General Assembly is an educational institution that transforms thinkers into creators through education in technology, business and design at fifteen campuses across four continents.
The Enterprise Team is 3+ years in, and works with leading corporations like Walmart, American Express, and The New York Times Company to help accelerate the digital transition of their executives and managers. Our programs focus on learning by doing, and are taught by inspiring entrepreneurs and digital experts.
That’s where you come in! You may be a contractor, working full-time or you may just be willing to challenge yourself for incredible short-term opportunities to infuse large enterprise with the entrepreneurial spirit and ethos necessary to make some real changes in the face of technology.
SEEKING ENTERPRISE INSTRUCTORS
We are seeking candidates for the project-based role of Enterprise Instructor. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with or without a full-time job who loves what they do and wants to share it with the world, as they will be responsible for providing input into the content we create and teaching our sessions. Ideally, you are an expert in one or many of the following topics:
- Product management
- User Experience
- Digital Marketing
- Data & Analytics
- Mobile Strategy
- Lean Development
- Prepare: We offer a flat fee for preparation; the time this takes will vary by individual, but we trust that you will do whatever it takes to know the content and be prepared to answer questions.
- Attend: The expectation is that you will attend preparation meetings, run-throughs, and rehearsals.
- Engage: Bring your A-Game and be fully engaged with the classroom. Even when you are not actively teaching we expect your attention!
- Share: Raise questions, concerns, ideas with the team here! Your expertise, experience and opinions matter.
- Feedback: Be prepared to share and incorporate feedback!
Skills and Qualifications:
Our engagements last anywhere from 2 hours to 3 days and require anywhere from 10 – 50+ hours of work. Therefore, we're looking for someone with 5+ years of experience in a given topic, with a wicked-strong passion for what they do, can-do attitude and an excitement for fast-paced and dynamic projects. We are looking to see if:
- You are an expert
You have at leave five years of experience in your given profession. Ideally you have worked in/with both large corporations as well as in a smaller, dynamic environments as well.
- You are a strong communicator
You are a clear communicator and get palpably excited when you talk about your craft. Problems that people face with regard to your area of expertise are exciting to you and you have experience dealing with them in the field. You know how to ask questions and most importantly, how to listen to your audience.
- You are collaborative but self-directed.
You enjoy working with others, but are independent and resourceful and require minimal guidance. You are not possessive of ideas or thin-skinned when it comes to critique.
Back to top