Email Design Consultant
Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. For individuals, we offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events at international campuses and online; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are hiring an Email Design Consultant to work closely with our NYC Design Team. The Email Designer sits at the intersection of design, copy, marketing, and engineering, working across teams to develop compelling email templates that engage users, increase conversion, and showcase the GA brand. We are looking for someone to fill this role on a 3-month contract term.
Join us and you’ll be working among design-oriented developers and user-focused product managers in a rapidly growing company at the frontier of education.
The GA Design team is lucky to have the opportunity to cross paths with our Customers and Users daily which helps drive our user empathy and user-centric design philosophy.
- Audit the existing array of email templates.
- Understand the best practices behind what makes a well performing email.
- Design a system of high performing responsive email templates for use in transactional and promotional emails.
- Consider how a set of emails would work together (like a drip, newsletter, etc)
- Consider how dynamic data would feed into different types of emails such as: Onboarding Drips, Newsletters, and Personalized content.
- Provide Quality Assurance and thorough testing of each email design on multiple devices and across common email providers like Gmail, Yahoo, iMail, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Collaboration with the Marketing, Copy, and Product team to craft the best flow, usability and user experience for our email campaigns.
- 2+ years of experience
- Visual design experience for email and the web
- Training in User Experience Design
- An understanding of best practices in usability
- Previous experience working closely with a Marketing team
Back to top