Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series C, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We’re looking for a dedicated Credit & Collections Specialist to join the Accounting team who will report to the Staff Accountant to manage the global collections process of receivables and cash management in our New York City headquarters office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Experience developing and implementing best in class end-to-end collections processes
• Daily follow up calls to collect on past due B2C and B2B accounts. negotiate payment schedules
and grant payment terms extensions
• Document daily collection efforts in to gather information and address payment discrepancies.
• Monitor accounts for non-payments. delayed payments. and other irre gularities for delinquent
accounts and provide recommendations for resolution.
• Identify accounts requiring collection agency and coordinate collections with third-party
• Investigate and resolve credit card charge backs, returns, and rejected checks.
• Escalate issuas to the appropriate Regional Directors for attention and resolution.
• Evaluate and implement procedures to improve efficiency of collections process
Skills and Attributes:
• Must be highly organized and a motivated self-starter
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Be passionate about excellent customer service and representing our brand
• Ability to multi-task and shift gears when necessary. while still meeting deadlines.
• Great written and verbal communication skills. with an emphasis on providing timely and
• Experience building relationships/rapport with customers.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills .
• 4 years minimum of accounts receivable and collections experience
• Must be proficient in Excel.
• Ability to interact with high level management, both internal & external