City Lead, Dallas
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fifth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Singapore, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
General Assembly is opening campuses in Dallas and Raleigh this fall and is looking for City Leads in both of these cities to help raise brand awareness and build operations for market expansion. In this role, you will own and run day-to-day operations and production of classes, workshops, and events and execute all grassroots marketing efforts, you will also be responsible for building a network of employers for graduates of our Web Development Immersive Remote program.
- As GA’s brand advocate in Raleigh, you will develop and implement a prospecting strategy for growing the partnerships network in your market
- This includes sourcing partners for local marketing events to grow GA’s audience in your city, identifying speakers for Classes, Workshops, and Events, and building a network of employers who are interested in hiring GA graduates in Raleigh
- Run audience development events 1-2 times a week to raise brand awareness of GA in Raleigh, these include but aren’t limited to:
- Info sessions for GA’s Web Development Immersive Remote program
- Large-scale, free events to build brand awareness within the local startup community
- Paid Classes + Workshops
Instructor + Speaker Sourcing
- Finding talented instructors and subject matter experts is the key to developing great educational programs. You will leverage the local startup community and your network to source and evaluate the right people to appear on panels, lead workshops, teach classes and speak at events.
- The City Lead manages all aspects of program execution and isn’t afraid to get his or her hands dirty. From making sure the instructors show up on time to checking the AV to working with partners and coordinating program marketing with our Global Email Team, the City Lead ensures everything is in its right place.
Desired Skills + Experience:
- You are a passionate evangelizer for the local startup community and have been based in Raleigh for 2-3 years
- Detail-oriented project manager. You have experience managing multiple projects across marketing, production and business development
- Can marshall resources effectively and has experience launching a new product from the ground up. You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You are comfortable with remote work and excited at being GA’s sole representative on the ground
Who Will I Work With:
- The City Lead will report to the Snr. Operations Manager, who is responsible for the day-to-day operations across the Online Team.
- The Online Team is a team of 30 dedicated to designing, teaching and supporting GA’s full- and part-time courses across the world.
- The City Lead would work closely with Product Managers, Instructional Designers and Producers across the Online Team to support students in Raleigh or Dallas.
- The City Lead works closely with stakeholders across our 15 worldwide campuses
- Weekly calls to share best practices and tactics
- Monthly training with GA’s Global Marketing + BD Teams
Metrics of Success:
- New to File emails to metro list
- WDIR Enrollments in the local market (WDIR is our remote Web Development Immersive)
- # of employers in network
- Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Time Management Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Organizing Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Creativity Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Strategic Agility Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Drive For Results Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top