General Assembly is training the modern workforce through career changing and career advancement education in data, design, business and technology. We transform thinkers into creators through on-campus and online workshops, classes, part-time courses and full-time immersive programs in 4 continents and 15 cities across the globe including New York (our headquarters), Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles,, Melbourne, San Francisco, Singapore, Seattle, Sydney, and Washington DC.
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the World, we're a global team of smart, innovative and passionate people who aspire to help our students – and our teammates - achieve their career aspirations.
Seeking a full-time Outcomes Career Coach in New York City
We’re looking for a motivator and educator to join our team of world class career coaches. Are you excited to teach actionable professional skills? Do you enjoy the challenge of coaching individuals to professional success? Then we can’t wait to work with you!
As a team we set quantitative and qualitative goals and align all of our actions in pursuit of them. We care about creating accessible, flexible, and intentional processes. Our foundation is built on reliability and credibility, both to each other and to our students. We care like crazy and we only want teammates who do as well.
We want problem-solvers on our team who are always looking to raise the bar. A positive attitude is critical, even during hard days, but don’t worry-- we’re realists too. We do the hard thing first and we are constantly asking ourselves “how could this be better?”
You know that any big success depends on getting a thousand details right. And, once again, you are ready to care like crazy about our students.
As a Career Coach, you are preparing our full-time students for their job search and coaching them to their first job after their course ends. We do this through in-course workshops, individual and group coaching, and active post-course communication. We are also highly engaged in the New York hiring community and continue to build our professional networks for the benefit of our students. A balance of support, empathy, urgency, and relentless drive for results is critical for this role.
What you'll be doing:
- Content Creation & Delivery: Design systematic curriculum, deliver intentional and thoughtful workshops, and create resources that prepare our UX designers, web developers, mobile developers and data scientists to launch their job search confidently and quickly upon graduation.
- Coaching & Counseling: Provide consultative support, both in groups and one-to-one settings, that inspires job seekers throughout the job search process.
- Relationship Building: Building relationships based on trust and credibility with excellent verbal and written communication, with all internal and external partners (students, graduates, instructors, local and global teammates, and hiring partners).
- Tracking & Driving Metrics: Track the readiness and progress of job seekers, accurately forecast outcomes metrics, prioritize your support efforts based on this forecasting, iterate on coaching strategies and tactics to effectively achieve desired team goals at scale.
- Event Execution: Assist with production of events such as hiring fairs, mock interviews, portfolio reviews and guest speakers.
We might be a match if:
- You’re familiar with the tech and design job market (especially UX design, web development, mobile development and data science).
- You were once or currently are a recruiter, a career coach or a professional development specialist, with at least 2 years of experience.
- You have a knack for sales and/or account management.
- You enjoy engaging public speaking, specifically to small/medium sized groups (think: classroom) and can stay on topic, check for understanding, and make every lesson actionable.
- You can motivate, inspire and influence people of diverse professional and life backgrounds through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback in group and one to one settings.
- You are highly organized, communicative with team members, and data conscious.
- You have high emotional intelligence and can calmly navigate others through times of stress.
- You're committed to quality as a top priority — you take pride in the work you produce and the work you help others produce.
- You have a point of view but are low in ego.
- You come with a track record of trying and learning new things.
- You’re able to adapt to occasional changes in responsibilities and eager to learn new skills.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Individuals seeking employment at General Assembly are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top