Android Development Immersive Instructor
Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our sixth year. General Assembly transforms creators into thinkers through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, Denver, Singapore, and Washington DC.. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are looking for an Android Developer to teach our brand new full time class:
Our Android Development Immersive course is a brand-new, life-changing educational experience where students leave with the skills and mindsets to take on new careers as Android developers. We are looking for an instructor to spearhead this transformation through leading General Assembly’s Android Development Immersive course.
Why Teach the Android Development Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own dev skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered developers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
Who are we?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 13 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
The program will be primarily focus on building high performance Android applications and deploying them to the Play store.
Skills and QualificationsYou have at least 3+ years of professional Android development experience. Web development experience is a plus.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of Android developers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least one Android app in the Play Store.
- You have fluency in the following topics: Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, JSON/REST APIs, SQL, Git, Material Design, and the Google Play Store submission process.
- You are on top of mobile trends and love explaining architecture
- You have previous Android development or engineering teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 2 weeks of planning and curriculum development followed by 12 full work weeks (5 days a week) of teaching, planning and content development.
- Work closely with two – three co-instructors to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of stellar projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of turning their ideas into actual Android app.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top