General Assembly is not your average company. While only in our 4th year of business, we have grown to over 600 employees worldwide and have more accolades to our name than companies our senior. We were recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world. We pride ourselves on having a collection of minds; all dedicated to pushing the envelope to provide the best quality product to our customers, treating everyone like a name and never a number. Our mission is to create a global community of individuals empowered to pursue work that they love, and we’ve done just that. We offer classes, workshops, enterprise partnerships, and events at our campuses worldwide. Our headquarters is in New York City, but we have campuses in Atlanta, Austin, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Melbourne, Washington DC, and online.
We are seeking a driven, sales professional to join our Inside Sales Team. Sales at General Assembly involves dealing only with interested parties – we do not cold call or prospect. Your role at General Assembly is crucial as the Inside Sales Team is responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for driving revenue that allows GA to continue to grow, scale, change lives.
Working on the Inside Sales Team at General Assembly is the perfect medium between making money and serving others. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organization. Our teams are rapidly expanding and growth opportunities are abundant for those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader.
If you’re competitive, compassionate, hungry to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, General Assembly is the place for you.
- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of prospective students and businesses efficiently
- Own targets and manage a robust sales pipeline; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interests are a match for our programs
- Work with local businesses to develop enrollment partnerships by conveying the value of investing in their employees
- Comfort in managing pipeline through Salesforce
- Host and lead in-person info sessions to convert sales
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise sales/partnerships, admissions or recruiting.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive personality ideal
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Goal-oriented with experience exceeding quotas and driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Able to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Able to remain calm and positive under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require inside sales associates to be licensed to recruit or enroll students. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as a sales agent in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
Meet Some of General Assembly's Employees
Director, Corporate Training Solutions
Michelle and her team provide General Assembly’s Fortune 500 clients with the solutions they need. She oversees all aspects of implementation—from design to execution—necessary for digital success.
Back to top