Voted #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company Overall by Fast Company in 2015, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post-Series D startup based in New York City. We transform thinkers into creators through education in technology, business, and design at 14 campuses around the globe. For individuals, we offer workshops, part-time courses, and immersive programs in topics such as web development, UX design, product management and data science; for Fortune 500 companies, we offer training programs and partnerships that spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective methods of collaboration.
We are seeking an Admissions Producer to join our fast-paced, customer facing team. The Admissions Producer is responsible for hitting weekly and monthly targets while ensuring that every admitted candidate is a good fit for our classrooms. If you are passionate about empowering amazing people while pounding the pavement to hit and exceed your targets, we would love to have you join our team!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving revenue that allows General Assembly to grow and empower others. The Admissions team is responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course. As an Admissions Producer, you’ll manage the entire admissions process from initial interest to enrolment. Your role is critical to General Assembly’s success; you’ll be responsible for driving revenue that allows us to continue to grow, scale and empower more people to pursue work they love.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move from high volume sales or recruitment into a mission-driven business or for recent graduates who are looking to start their career in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Own targets and manage a robust student pipeline; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of prospective students efficiently; make significant calls per day to leads
- Ask the right questions on calls to assess a student’s needs and tailor a conversation to answer questions and council on the available potential solutions and GA’s offerings
- Drive conversions of leads to students through strategic and consultative phone or in-person conversations
- Counsel prospective students on understanding the value of and commitment to the GA program - you're going the help them make a big life change!
- Host and lead in-person info sessions on campus to greet prospective students, provide information about GA courses and convert leads
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise, admissions or recruiting
- 3 year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive personality and drive for results; demonstrated track record of high performance in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Exceptional closing skills while communicating in a welcoming and empathetic manner
- Selling with empathy; understanding an individual’s wants and needs, and tying them into a compelling solution
- Confidence pitching in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
Some background in startups, technology, design or education is a big plus, but it isn't a must. In fact, it's more important to us that you identify with our culture and ethos.
You are an Entrepreneur at Heart.
You prefer the opportunity that comes from being part of a small team to the predictability that comes with larger organisations. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, diving into the weeds to understand your business to its core – yet you maintain the vision that keeps your team inspired.
You are Collaborative but Self-Directed.
You enjoy brainstorming with others, but are independent and resourceful, requiring minimal guidance. You are not possessive of ideas or thin-skinned when it comes to critique. At the same time, you know how to deliver constructive feedback to others, and possess a strong point of view.
You are Unafraid of Failure.
You should be passionate and fearless always while keeping the mission of General Assembly top of mind. You believe that prototyping is the quickest way to kick the tires on an idea, and you are not afraid to dive in and get your hands dirty.
As an Admissions Producer at General Assembly, you will be working at the centre of Australia’s technology and startup ecosystem.
*This is a full-time position at our Sydney CBD office
Back to top