Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture-backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fifth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Singapore, Seattle, and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We are seeking driven sales professionals to join our inside sales teams. These are crucial roles at General Assembly. The inside sales teams are responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course. They support various different aspects of our business (NYC Campus + global online courses). In this role you are responsible for driving revenue that allows GA to continue to grow, scale, and change lives.
The inside sales teams at General Assembly are the perfect mediums between making money and serving others. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people that are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organization. Our teams are rapidly expanding and this team has a track record of providing growth opportunities for those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader.
If you’re competitive, compassionate, hungry to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, General Assembly is the place for you!
- Own targets and manage a robust pipeline of prospective students; build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs
- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of prospective students and businesses efficiently
- Host and lead in-person info sessions to convert sales
- 1-2 years experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise sales, admissions or recruiting
- Driven by meeting numbers and experience exceeding quotas, driving for results in a target-driven environment; competitive personality
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
- 4-year bachelor’s degree
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require inside sales associates to be licensed to recruit or enroll students. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as a sales agent in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during on-boarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.
Back to top