Recently voted Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in Education and #28 Most Innovative Company in the world, General Assembly is a venture backed, post Series D, NYC-based startup in our fourth year. General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events in worldwide markets including New York where we are headquartered, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Toronto, Melbourne and Washington DC. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and more effective approaches to collaboration.
We're looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated sales openers who love working with people and who are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to answer and direct inbound phone calls from prospective students interested in our courses. This entry-level position is a great opportunity to learn about General Assembly. There's no better way to learn about our business than to speak with potential students.
This position is based at our Flatiron headquarters, where you’ll be an integral part of our fast-paced Admissions team. This is a part-time, hourly position working up to 30 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact for students interested in General Assembly
- Responding rapidly to all student inquiries - the best time to reach students is the moment they tell us they are interested
- Maintaining an upbeat, personable attitude and creating a helpful experience for all potential students, while speaking with a high volume of students each day
- Routing potential students to appropriate Admissions team members, documenting student information in our internal database
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
- Assisting current and prospective students with questions about General Assembly and upcoming workshops, courses and immersive opportunities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- 0-2+ years experience in customer service or sales position is preferred
- You have stellar written and verbal communication skills – you never shy away from a conversation
- You are passionate about education, technology and the GA mission
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy
- Written and verbal communication
- Timely decision-making
Back to top