We are seeking an Admissions Manager to join our fast-paced and rapidly expanding team. Your primary responsibility is to people manage, guide, and drive results of the Admissions team. The role of Admissions Manager at General Assembly is crucial as this team is responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course.
A potential student’s first point of contact with GA must be a positive experience and the Admissions Manager is responsible for guiding the team towards hitting weekly and monthly enrollment targets while ensuring that every candidate enrolled has the necessary requirements to be successful in the program. If you are passionate about the idea of empowering amazing people to pursue work that they love, we would love to have you join our team.
- Proactively manage and respond to a high volume of course launches each quarter across the entire market
- Ensure that admissions producers implement and stick to a consistent contact strategy across the entire team
- Own course launch and revenue targets and oversee/manage a robust student pipeline
- In large markets, pinch hit to interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs.
- In small markets, interview prospective student pipeline yourself.
- In large markets: Pinch hit on calls or info sessions for admissions producers to counsel prospective students on understanding the value of and commitment to the GA program - you're going the help them make a big life change!
- In small markets: Own specific classes to counsel prospective students on understanding the value of and commitment to the GA program - you're going the help them make a big life change!
- Makes decisions on financing-related questions from students
- Creates and implements overall sales event cadence to ensure the launch plan for each course involves enough in-person sales events to reach targets
- Owns relationship with global marketing team to ensure on-time lead generation and delivery to local market
- Owns relationship with global admissions team to provide input/feedback on admissions strategies, tactics, and tools.
- Trains admissions producers on enrollment agreement process to ensure we’re compliant with local regulations
- Hire, directly manage, and train team of admissions producers; this includes direct responsibility for the following KPIs: activity metrics (contact rates, time between stages in our enrollment process, # phone calls), overall pipeline size/health, conversion rates, invoices, student starts
- Proven experience in consultative sales or recruiting
- 6+ months in an Admissions Producer role internally
- At least 1+ year people management experience ideal, with strong results both in the metrics and professional development of direct reports
- The ability to think on your feet, try new approaches, and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Driven by meeting numbers and has experience exceeding quotas
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcome, understanding, and empathetic
- Strong cold-calling experience a plus
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Developing Direct Reports: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Hiring and Staffing: Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs, develops customized onboarding plan based on their experience.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work. Reports up to RD on pacing, performance, proactively raises red flags when things are struggling.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Skills in consumer-facing sales
- Short sales cycle
- Salesforce proficiency
Back to top