Workday Reporting Analyst
- Chevy Chase, MD
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is a prominent digital company with some of the cutting-edge transformations in technology. In our journey to cloud computing, GEICO IT is seeking a highly motivated Workday Reporting Analyst with a diverse financial background to implement new Workday Financial Reporting and Analytics to modernize existing planning applications. This is a great opportunity to grow your skills within Workday and contribute to the 2nd largest auto insurance carrier in the US.
• Analyze and understand financial business processes and touch points for different financial workstreams.
• Conduct Financials system and process analysis to identify enhancement opportunities and implement complex Workday configuration changes
• Leverage deep Workday Financials and systems knowledge to identify inter-dependencies and clearly communicate the business, process, or technical implications and benefits/risks to stakeholders
• Serve as the primary Workday configuration and administration expert for all Financials functionality, including end-to-end implementation and testing
• Partner with stakeholders and third-party vendors to define, build, and implement integrations utilizing Workday Studio as needed.
• Establish policies, procedures, and documentation requirements to optimize feature request in-take and implementation processes.
• Help develop reporting, dashboards, and analytics to enable our Accounting & Finance leadership to identify financial trends and empower decision-making.
• Preparing communications and presentations to educate stakeholders on enhancement opportunities and process improvements through new functionality.
• Provide guidance and training to business teams on the future capabilities
• Knowledge of business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, custom reports, dashboards, integrations, and access rights.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Information Systems (or equivalent with specific, relevant experience)
• 2+ years of Functional Workday Financial/ Reporting experience.
• 5+years experience working on large scale financial system development projects (corporate ERP systems strongly preferred- especially Workday)
• Understanding of finance processes, procedures and best practices
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to details.
• Experience with the systems development life cycle, including systems analysis, design and testing on multiple platforms.
• Experience with reporting tools and the Microsoft Office suite, including MS project.
• Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude
• Ability to perform in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to collaborate with a group of experienced diverse professionals #LI-ME1
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top