Workday Functional Specialist
- Chevy Chase, MD
The Corporate Support Systems/Workday Learning Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated, high energy, self-starter; a problem solver, with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and solid interpersonal and communication skills to join the team as a Workday Functional Specialist. This candidate will ensure the stability, availability and operation of our critical corporate systems.
• Prior Workday Experience
• Knowledge of eLearning learning management systems (LMS)
• 3 years of experience working with IIS, ASP.net, and components that support .Net Applications
• 3 years of experience supporting TFS administration, VSTS, Visual Studio 2013 (or later)
• 2 years demonstrated experience applying SaaS/PaaS/IaaS principles and cloud platforms (logical compute, storage and network) to provide solutions the business
• 2 years of experience administering with Windows Server 2012R2 and later along with a strong understanding of Windows Roles and Features needed to support web applications
• 2 years supporting supported systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective
• 2 years demonstrated experience implementing Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, and Windows Authentication solutions
• 2 years with DevOps and deploying/supporting applications for both on-prem and cloud environments (Azure, Oracle, AWS, Soft Layer, etc.)
• Workday Learning experience
• Basic understanding of scripting using Powershell and CMD commands
• Knowledge of build automation and release management
• Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence administration and Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is a plus
• Understanding of system monitoring principles
• Infrastructure design and architecture for the cloud and on premise working with GEICO Internal, GEICO DDC and, Azure networks
• Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Be a key contributor to a cloud-based application.
• Develop and support application/system integration solutions including vendor API's
• Support eLearning content including media optimization and making technical design recommendations
• Design, document and maintain automated processes (i.e. - Scheduled Tasks, PowerShell scripts, SQL Server Integration Services packages)
• Provide client support for associates experiencing browser-related issues, logon or security issues and issues related to enrolling or completing course offerings. Troubleshooting issues involves the use of tools such MS Visual Studio, Fiddler, Postman, Windows OS Event logs, IIS/Web Server logs, etc.
• Maintain engineering documents such as processes, standards and best practices
• Develop, maintain and support MS SQL Server queries/functions (T-SQL), reports (SSRS), packages (SSIS) and ODBC connections
• Mentor junior engineers in support techniques, process design, systems integration, database support and customer support
• Provide analysis and support using data retrieved from Active Directory (LDAP), MS Exchange, Windows OS
• Provide web development and web optimization techniques to development teams #LI-ME #DI-ME
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top