The Corporate Support Systems (CSS), GEICO University (GU) Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer (Workday) to join our team to ensure the stability, availability and operation of our critical corporate systems.
• Be a key contributor through a transition to a cloud-based application.
• Maintain and support GU environment including Windows Server OS, IIS, unattended processes, MS SQL Server databases and vendor supplied web-based content. Research, develop and implement solutions to resolve and avoid system issues
• Develop and support application/system integration solutions including vendor API's and on-prem content
• Provide client support for associates experiencing browser-related issues, logon or security issues and issues related to enrolling or completing course offerings. Troubleshooting issues involves the use of tools such MS Visual Studio, Fiddler, Postman, Windows OS Event logs, IIS/Web Server logs, etc.
• Support eLearning content including media optimization and making technical design recommendations
• Develop PowerShell scripts to support existing business process and administer GU environment
• Design, document and maintain automated processes (i.e. - Scheduled Tasks, PowerShell scripts, SQL Server Integration Services packages)
• Maintain engineering documents such as processes, standards and best practices
• Develop, maintain and support MS SQL Server queries/functions (T-SQL), reports (SSRS), packages (SSIS) and ODBC connections
• Provide analysis and support using data retrieved from Active Directory (LDAP), MS Exchange, Windows OS
• Mentor junior engineers in support techniques, process design, systems integration, database support and customer support
• Provide web development and web optimization techniques to development teams
• 3 years of experience working with IIS, ASP.net, and components that support .Net Applications
• 3 years of experience supporting TFS administration, VSTS, Visual Studio 2013 (or later)
• 2 years of experience administering with Windows Server 2012R2 and later along with a strong understanding of Windows Roles and Features needed to support web applications
• Prior Workday Experience, Workday Learning highly preferred OR Learning Management Systems (LMS) /Administration/Support
• 2 years demonstrated experience implementing Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, and Windows Authentication solutions
• 2 years with DevOps and deploying/supporting applications for both on-prem and cloud environments (Azure, Oracle, AWS, Soft Layer, etc.)
• 2 years supporting supported systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective
• 2 years demonstrated experience applying SaaS/PaaS/IaaS principles and cloud platforms (logical compute, storage and network) to provide solutions the business
• Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Basic understanding of scripting using Powershell and CMD commands
• Knowledge of build automation and release management
• Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence administration and Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is a plus
• Understanding of system monitoring principles
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top