Workday Cloud Engineer
GEICO's Corporate Support Systems department has an exciting opportunity for a Workday Cloud Engineer to join our team to ensure the successful implementation and support of Workday Financials. Our department owns the PeopleSoft applications for Financial Systems and Agent Licensing as well as our PeopleSoft HR and Time and Labor Systems which now reside in the Oracle Cloud. Additionally, we are responsible for maintaining security and monitoring for our Workday SaaS application as well as infrastructure for Actuarial Systems and other .NET applications. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Workday security configuration, deployment, and maintenance for Workday Financials. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support and will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as coordinating efforts across multiple teams within IT and the business organization.
- Configure and maintain Workday SaaS security, to include the Workday Financials module, for all tenants based on requirements by customers
- Work with Finance, HR, and Technology leadership to develop and execute system processes
- Configure PeopleSoft servers as needed, troubleshoot issues, and recommend system enhancements
- Analyze, develop, and execute a plan to migrate eligible applications from on-prem to a cloud solution
- Examine applications and implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers to help meet availability goals
- Propose and document system designs that meet or exceed current business requirements
- Review and guide applications designs to meet performance, scalability, and reusability requirements
- Contribute to technical process improvements and training across a variety of disciplines such as Agile and modern development practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/set up issues and work with appropriate teams to correct any issues
- Provide 24x7 on-call production support on a rotational basis
- 2 years proven experience with Workday security, compliance, and user access best practices
- 2 years demonstrated experience applying SaaS/PaaS/IaaS principles and cloud platforms (logical compute, storage and network) to provide solutions to the business
- 2 years supporting applications for both on-prem and cloud environments (Azure, Oracle, AWS, Soft Layer, etc.)
- 2 years of experience administering with Windows Server 2012R2 and later
- 2 years applying concepts related to IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Security compliance principles
- 2 years demonstrated experience supporting Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, and Windows Authentication solutions
- 2 years supporting systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective
- Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level
- Proven track record of Workday Financials security experience or PeopleSoft Financials experience
- Proven track record of Oracle Enterprise database experience including SQL tuning and table backups/restores
- Basic understanding Linux/Unix scripting and Linux administration commands
- Basic understanding of scripting using Powershell and DOS commands
- Knowledge of build automation, release management, and system testing best practices
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence administration and Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is a plus
- Understanding of financial, business, and technical constraints with ability to apply them to effective design solutions
- Understanding of system monitoring principles (synthetic monitoring, APM)
- Infrastructure design and architecture for the cloud and on premise
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top