Windows Infrastructure Engineer
Ready to make an impact on millions of customers, nationwide? Looking to work on a team with high visibility, probability of recognition, and opportunities for growth and promotion? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO and the Systems Operation Department is looking for a highly motivated candidate to serve as the Windows Infrastructure Engineer for the Windows Infrastructure Systems (WIS) team. The Windows Infrastructure Engineer will provide level-3 support to GEICO's Windows, Linux, and virtual server infrastructure. The Windows Infrastructure candidate must have solid background in systems administration, automation, and technical writing.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field or IT related course load and working towards a degree
- Over 2 years experience of .NET programming and/or Windows scripting
- Over 3 years Systems Administration experience
- Experience with VMware vCenter and vSphere or Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper-V in a large infrastructure
- Strong understanding of Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, sub netting, TCP/IP)
- Experience with Cisco UCS based Infrastructure
- Experience with Windows Servers and Virtualization Technologies
- Strong scripting or programming background
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Back to top