Web Service Developer (JAVA)
Interested in joining our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO is looking for a Web Service Developer to join the Decision Sciences team to help develop the Master Data Management (MDM) initiative. The Master Data Management Developer will be responsible for developing solutions and administering a COTS product, Master Data Management. This initiative will be used to increase the accuracy of matching Customer/Client profiles using probabilistic matching and to develop a 360 degree view of the customer. Additionally, this initiative will provide a great breadth of experience, as MDM is integrating with a significant number of applications in order to have a positive impact throughout GEICO.
• At least 5 years of experience with Java development and web services
• Strong Core Java programming skills
• Experience in SOA specifically working with ESBs
• Experience with Web Services using REST
• Experience with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate)
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts is required
• Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
• A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
• Experience with Rabbit MQ, Mule ESB
• Continuous Integration (CI) using Maven & Jenkins
• Test automation framework using TestNG and Selenium
• Tuning and monitoring using Dynatrace, Wiley, Splunk
• Scrum methodologies
• Knowledge of IBM MDM Advanced Edition is a plus
• Knowledge about the Sales, Service and/or Claims applications is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top