Web Service Developer (Big Data)
The Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) team is seeking a web services developer to work on the Single View of the Customer initiative. This project is focused on creating a 360 degree view of the customer and is using web services to integrate with other applications. Each of our integrations are focused on tailoring customer experiences, optimizing our processes and making nearly all of our processes "smarter". This initiative will provide a great breadth of experience, as SVOC is integrating with a significant number of applications in order to have a positive impact throughout GEICO.
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience with Java development and web services
Strong Core Java programming skills
- Experience in SOA specifically working with ESBs
- Experience with Web Services using REST
- Experience with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate)
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Rabbit MQ, Mule ESB
- Continuous Integration (CI) using Maven & Jenkins
- Test automation framework using TestNG and Selenium
- Tuning and monitoring using Dynatrace, Wiley, Splunk
- Scrum methodologies
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top