Web Developer II
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO's Communications Department is seeking a Web Developer that will work to support the communications team.
In this role, you work with GEICO's internal departments to maintain our intranet and assist content managers with site designs for consistent appearance in our SharePoint environment. You will be part of a team of Web professionals, but will work independently on multiple assignments at once. The ideal candidate will be as good at design as they are at developing!
- Developing and designing various department sites while working with internal clients
- Performing intranet homepage revisions
- Creating original artwork and special interactive pages for various intranet homepage features, sites and campaigns
- Posting videos for internal communication and other digital assignments
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, computer science, or a related field
- 2 - 3 years of similar previous experience
- Strong design principles and communications skills
Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
• 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Associate assistance program
• Flexible spending accounts
• Business casual dress
• Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
• Associate clubs and sports teams
• Volunteer opportunities
• GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top