Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
Do you interact with Alexa, Google, Siri, or Cortana? Are you interested in pioneering the way our customers interact through Voice? Come join us! The Mobile Voice team recently released GEICO Alexa skill, which enabled policyholders to access multiple features with a straightforward and easy-to-use voice service. This is the first to support policy-level tasks within the insurance space. We are looking for a passionate, innovative, and hard-working Software Engineer who has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features. You will architect, design and implement new features of voice services. You will develop scalable components, code and approaches to ensure applications are running smoothly.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so do you meet these qualifications?
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in web application development building and operating systems
- Fluency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces. Fluency in HTML and Java Script
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, JSON
- Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Strong ownership, urgency, customer focus, and drive
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Familiarity with Alexa or Google Assistant is a huge plus
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning technologies
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top