Veterans IT Development Program
Are you seeking your next challenge after the military? From the day we opened our doors in 1936, the men and women serving our country have held a special place at GEICO. Our corporate office, located in Chevy Chase, MD is proud to offer current and former members of the military an opportunity to transition into IT.
The Veterans IT Development program brings qualified veterans on as full-time associates starting them in a one-year program in March 2017. This one-year program provides the skills and experience required to perform as IT professionals. The program will combine classroom and real-work experience so new skills can be applied immediately. Participants will be assigned mentors and receive supplemental training depending on their project assignments. Program participants will work in all areas of GEICO’s IT department including Information Services, Systems Operations and Internet Business divisions. No previous IT experience is required.
GEICO is looking for veterans with strong analytic, problem-solving and communication skills and a desire to meet the challenges of entering the IT career field. The program is based at GEICO’s corporate headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD. A college degree is not required; however, GEICO encourages and supports those pursuing their degree.
The program consists of the following training courses:
- Introduction to Programming and Systems Development Concepts
- Introduction to Object Oriented Concepts
- Web Design
- MS Office Use and Proficiency
- Introduction to Insurance
- Beginning Development in Microsoft’s .NET Platform
- MS Office and critical soft skills
- Veteran of The Armed Services of The United States to include – Army, Navy, United States Marine Corp, Air Force and United States Coast Guard
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top