UX UI Designer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Do you have a love affair with Photoshop or Illustrator? Do you keep a pulse on the latest and greatest design trends for apps and websites? Are you always evaluating the design of everything you interact with? If you answered yes, yes, and YES, then we might have the right job for you! GEICO's Digital Experience team is looking for a very talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working team player to join us as a Senior Designer to help shape the future of its award-winning app and website.
Reporting to a team lead, you will work side by side with other designers and UX researchers on the Digital Experience team to help design and support innovative experiences across all our digital platforms. This role collaborates with systems analysts and developers across the entire IT organization.
You will be one of the design gurus who will advocate for consistent interfaces and experiences for multiple projects across GEICO's digital platforms. The ability to deliver great experiences under pressure is a great plus! You will be responsible for Create and modify designs for mobile, web, presentations, and more. You will collaborate with analyst and development teams across the IT organization to create seamless user experiences. You will create robust wireframes and hi-fidelity design artifacts using Creative Cloud, Axure, or Justinmind. You will Advocate for GEICO style guide, user experience, and copy standards. You will present and pitch designs to all levels of management. You will properly document design decisions and provide dev-ready assets. You will research and integrate up-and-coming design trends. You will manage relationships with stakeholders and negotiate the best user experience.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 3+ years of experience within a corporate or agency setting
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator) on a Mac
- Experience designing iOS/Android app and responsive web interfaces is a must
- Ability to articulate design decisions confidently – both written and spoken
- Great communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders
- Creative ability to ideate from an initial concept and can see it through the design process to implementation
- Great problem solver who isn't afraid to iterate until the experience is right
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects while still maintaining pixel-perfect attention to details
- BA/BS or higher in web design, graphic design, user interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline
- Portfolio must show applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy. UX documents must include site maps, flows, and wireframes. Portfolio should also show strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking. Work must show attention to detail in every aspect.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top