Ready to make an impact? If so, ready on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a UX Researcher, you will be part of our Digital Experience Team. You will plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research using a various methodologies which may include: in person moderated usability testing, remote un-moderated usability testing, information architecture testing, heuristic evaluations, personas, use cases, workflows, etc. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with your peers and participate in our design culture. You will have the opportunity to work on the full life cycle of UX research. For many projects you will conduct analysis and research to identify the problem, collaborate to create solutions and evaluate the results of those solutions. You will be able to see the impact of your work in action and how your efforts impact our millions of customers. You will work closely with analyst and development teams across the IT organization to identify opportunities to improve the user experience and conduct exploratory studies. In addition, you will be responsible for independently planning, designing, and executing end-to-end research objectives from concept generation through implementation. You will communicate findings from research in creative and convincing ways which lead to actionable recommendations. You will present and pitch designs to all levels of management. You will collaborate with analyst and development teams across the organization to create seamless user experiences. You will diagram site architectures and user interfaces using site maps and wireframes as well as diagram user flows and data flows. You will have the opportunity to mentor junior UX researchers on the team.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- BA/BS or higher in human computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, or a related discipline is required
- 3+ years' experience in UX research, UX design, HCI, or related field is required
- 3+ years' experience leading the architecting of websites and mobile applications is required
- 5+ years' experience in planning and conducting usability tests is required
- Experience executing ethnographic and usability studies to evaluate web and mobile interfaces is desired
- Proficient in conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis, in person moderated testing, remote un-moderated testing, responsive website testing, mobile application testing, information architecture testing, and heuristic evaluation is required
- Strong knowledge of design best practices for web and mobile app design is a plus
- Expert-level understanding of HCI principles is desired
- Expert knowledge in iOS and Android HIGs is desired
- Working knowledge of industry tools such as Morae, Justinmind, Axure, and Optimal Workshop is desired
Important Position Details
Portfolio must show applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy. UX documents must include site maps, flows, and wireframes. Portfolio should also show strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking. Work must show attention to detail in every aspect
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
wp123 ind123 dbt gdoorit, #LI-POST
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top