Underwriting Business Analyst
At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to our business. Complex analysis underlies every major decision and is an essential component of our unique strategic vision. Analytics have and continue to be GEICO's hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry. From day one, your work will have an impact, forming the basis for truly transformative solutions. If you have a passion for problem-solving and you're interested in making a real contribution at one of the fastest growing auto insurers in the U.S., then a GEICO analytics career may be the right fit for you!
GEICO's Underwriting and Product Management department is looking for a professional, experienced, and highly motivated analyst to join our team. In this role, you will develop skills in project management, product management, and data analytics. This is a highly visible position, where you will have the opportunity to interact with upper levels of GEICO management and can be a great launching point for a long-term career with GEICO.
What does the Underwriting and Product Management department do?
Our mission is to maximize personal auto retention and competitiveness by developing and maintaining industry-leading customer focus, new products, risk segmentation, and competitive intelligence, while generating an acceptable underwriting profit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze large datasets to solve challenging problems
• Conduct business-specific research, gather data, and compile reports and summaries
• Engage stakeholders to ensure customer feedback factors into our process and system design
• Work with internal departments to implement new procedures and enhance underwriting discipline and accuracy
• High visibility to senior management
• Other day-to-day duties include ensuring data integrity, participating in data quality control and validation, and producing requirements documents for various business development activities.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or business field of study with at least a 3.2 overall GPA
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects at one time
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving experience
• Strong written and verbal communication ability
• Highly proficient in MS Office Applications
mid-$60,000s to $70,000 depending on skills and experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top