Test Data Management Lead
The IT Billing Department is seeking a highly motivated Test Data Management Lead to join the ASD enterprise leadership team. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of data architects, analysts, and engineers that support the rollout of a new data management system in Azure for all modernization efforts into Microsoft. This includes helping to create and establish our overall data architecture while using best practices for PII/PCI compliance. The new data management product supports the ability to search, copy, and clone data across multiple environments including production.
You must also have a strong desire to ensure the team meets the highest standards in development, analysis, testing, and project management practices. Proven track record of on-time delivery of projects is a must. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within GEICO.
- Experience managing people and tasks across multiple simultaneous projects under aggressive time lines
- Proven experience in team building, collaboration, coaching and mentoring. This includes providing feedback and direction on design reviews, and reviews of coding assignments for quality
- Solid background with writing and managing data requirements
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Familiar with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and version control best practices
- Understanding of object-oriented design best practices
- Understanding of OWASP and security best practices
- Excellent technical writing and procedural documentation skills
- Ability to establish, report, and manage various metrics to effectively manage team
- System level troubleshooting abilities crossing multiple applications
- 3+ years of experience in IT project management or a leadership position
- Knowledge of Azure cloud technologies and environments is a plus
- Experience with data management tools such as IBM Optim/CA TDM and/or other ETL tools
- Working background using database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop
- Process automation including automation related to infrastructure support
- Scripting languages such as Widows and PowerShell is a plus
- Data analysis with ability to write complex SQL statements including XML parsing is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures, processes, and practices
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top