Technology Development Program - Software Developer Track
GEICO is seeking driven, innovative tech college graduates for our Technology Development Program – Software Developer Track. Start your career with us. The possibilities are endless!
GEICO’s innovative technology teams have positioned our company as a mobile and internet leader, proving that we are more than just an insurance company. We’re a technology company.
Our Technology Development Program (TDP) is a 3-year rotational program based out of our corporate office in Washington D.C. As a full-time associate in TDP – Software Developer Track, you can rotate through our Information Services, Systems Operations, Data Science and Internet Business divisions.
In TDP – Software Developer Track, you will learn the ins and outs of how our multi-billion dollar company is using cutting-edge technologies. You will design, develop and troubleshoot applications to enhance customer experience and improve business efficiency. You will dig deep into coding, creating and refining applications for our customers and associates as you progress through three one-year rotations. You will contribute to significant business initiatives, attend scrum meetings and give presentations. We’ll support your professional and technical development while you gain real, hands-on technical experience. You can take advantage of our in-house GEICO University to learn new technologies, languages, and soft skills. As part of the program, you will also receive mentoring from management to take your knowledge and skills to the next level.
Check out this video to see what it’s like: https://youtu.be/Q91nuj4Naeo.
- Recent bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related majors
- Overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Coursework or related experience using Java, .NET, iOS, Android or C# languages
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies
- Demonstrated leadership potential is a plus
- Ability to work and live in the Washington D.C. area
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number.
Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top