Technology Development Program - Infrastructure Track
GEICO is seeking driven, innovative tech college graduates for our Technology Development Program – Infrastructure Track. Start your career with us. The possibilities are endless!
GEICO’s innovative technology teams have positioned our company as a mobile and internet leader, proving that we are more than just an insurance company. We’re a technology company.
Our Technology Development Program (TDP) is a 3-year rotational program based out of our corporate office in Washington D.C. As a full-time associate in TDP – Infrastructure Track, you can rotate through our Information Services, Systems Operations, Data Science and Internet Business divisions.
In TDP – Infrastructure Track, you will learn the ins and outs of how our multi-billion dollar company is using cutting-edge technologies. You will monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure components within GEICO’s enterprise to ensure all business applications are highly available, stable and performing well. You will support both software and firmware upgrades on GEICO’s infrastructure components to ensure they are current. You will attend design/architecture reviews and make recommendations as it pertains to GEICO’s standards, best practices and business application requirements. You will manage and support projects and create technical documentation as it relates to infrastructure changes. We’ll support your professional and technical development while you gain real, hands-on technical experience. You can take advantage of our in-house GEICO University to learn new technologies, languages, and soft skills. As part of the program, you will also receive mentoring from management to take your knowledge and skills to the next level.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related majors
• Overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
• Coursework or related experience using Java, .NET, iOS, Android or C# languages
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Ability to work and live in the Washington D.C. area
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
- Senior front-end developer
- Accountable quality of front-end code and implementation of UX and UI
- Responsible for code development
- Works daily with designers, back-end engineers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Strong experience in CSS
- A strong understanding of HTML standards, accessibility, and how to write good markup in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with JSON APIs and SaaS
- Experience working in a scrum-based Agile environment.
- A solid understanding of design principles
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years work experience
- Experience working with Java, Django or Rails a plus.
- Strong collaboration skills
- A relentless desire to get the details just right - on a deadline.
- A strong desire to mentor and help create a healthy, inviting development team.
- A strong belief in the value of end-user functionality and easy to use interface design
- A solid focus on business outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Virgin is one of the world's most recognized and beloved brands. It represents inspiration, innovation, and changing business in a way that makes the world a better place. It's a culture where people find a way to say "yes" to bold ideas. Virgin Mobile USA brings the "Virgin Way" to wireless. It has always been a disruptive force, and as the industry evolves, we are pushing to stay ahead. There has never been a better time to join Virgin Mobile as we are in the middle of evolving the brand and the way we do business to once again drive real change and innovation. Why do consumers love their phones and their apps, but not their carriers? It's because carriers are boring, even utility-like. Virgin Mobile is everything but a carrier or a utility. It brings a way of living and an experience to wireless that others can't seem to replicate. We are looking for individuals who can fully embrace the Virgin philosophy and use it to make a difference in the world, who want to blow away customer expectations, and who live to pursue a mission in life as opposed to a corporate career. If you think you've got this passion and want to be part of a team of like-minded individuals, check us out. We're excited to meet you!
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. Sprint will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Equal opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Back to top