Technology Development Program – Infrastructure Track
I know you know GEICO for our funny commercials, but my Tech pros want you to know us for our IT careers, too. We're Careers Unexpected!
GEICO is seeking driven, innovative tech college graduates for our Technology Development Program – Infrastructure Track. Start your career with us. The possibilities are endless!
GEICO's innovative technology teams have positioned our company as a mobile and internet leader, proving that we are more than just an insurance company. We're a technology company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Technology Development Program (TDP) is a 3-year rotational program based out of our corporate office in Washington D.C. As a full-time associate in TDP – Infrastructure Track, you can rotate through our Information Services, Systems Operations, Data Science and Internet Business divisions.
In TDP – Infrastructure Track, you will learn the ins and outs of how our multi-billion dollar company is using cutting-edge technologies. You will monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure components within GEICO's enterprise to ensure all business applications are highly available, stable and performing well. You will support both software and firmware upgrades on GEICO's infrastructure components to ensure they are current. You will attend design/architecture reviews and make recommendations as it pertains to GEICO's standards, best practices and business application requirements. You will manage and support projects and create technical documentation as it relates to infrastructure changes. We'll support your professional and technical development while you gain real, hands-on technical experience. You can take advantage of our in-house GEICO University to learn new technologies, languages, and soft skills. As part of the program, you will also receive mentoring from management to take your knowledge and skills to the next level.
Check out this video to see what it's like: https://youtu.be/Q91nuj4Naeo
- Recent bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related majors targeting May 2017, December 2017, and May 2018 graduates Overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Coursework or related experience using Java, .NET, iOS, Android or C# languages
- Some class courses or related experience in hardware, software and firmware, technical documentations and troubleshooting, network security administration, databases is a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Ability to work and live in the Washington D.C. area
Please upload a resume and unofficial transcript to be considered for this career opportunity.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top