The Data Consumption team of Data, Security & Infrastructure (DSI) department is seeking a highly motivated Technical Data Analyst to start or continue an IT career at GEICO on the Big Data project.
Teaming up with software engineers, scrum masters, leads, managers and directors, you will work in an Agile environment to make application data ingested from various partner systems consumable on the Big Data Atomic Layer.
In this role, you will coordinate with a variety of IT departments to elicit and translate high level business requirements into detailed system requirements. You will participate in the entire software development lifecycle by writing and executing test plans, finding solutions to issues during development and after deployment. You should be intellectually curious, have a solutions-oriented attitude and enjoy learning new tools and techniques.
- 5+ years knowledge of Data transformation, Data management & ETL processes
- 5+ years' experience documenting business and system requirements, processes, workflows and test plans
- 5+ years' experience with Relational Database (Snowflake, Hive, Microsoft SQL, Oracle or DB2)
- 3+ years' experience on writing queries using SQL
- 3+ years' working knowledge of Data Vault modelling, Azure DevOps, Hadoop, Hive, Microsoft Power BI, and Python
- 3+ years' working knowledge of Big Data and the Azure/Snowflake ecosystem
- Strong SQL, data mapping, and data profiling skills
- Assists developers with more complex and detailed projects including root cause analysis, gap analysis etc.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail is required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Strong problem-solving ability, critical thinking skills, creative/innovative thinking
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Ability to thrive while working on ambiguous or challenging projects
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer or information technology or currently enrolled in a degree program
- Proficient in SQL and be able to extract & validate data using SQL query
- Ability to work independently while supporting multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of software development, web technologies, and testing approaches
- Ability to discern data inaccuracies through technical experience and knowledge
- Develop an understanding of the business and the data needed to promote success
- Ability to query, organize and interpret large amounts of data
- Research data from key business systems, assess data quality, and map data to requirements for analysis and reporting
As a Technical Data Analyst, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.