The GEICO Corporate Support Systems team is seeking a highly motivated Taleo Developer/Analyst. This position requires above average technical skills and experience working with the cloud based SaaS Taleo applicant tracking system. This system is responsible for the hiring and onboarding of external candidates and is used by all company recruiters and hiring managers. The candidate will be a key member of the team responsible for the enhancements, maintenance and upgrades of both the internal Taleo Enterprise Edition application used by recruiters and the external Taleo Social Sourcing platform used to attract new applicants to GEICO. Qualified candidates will have strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills, and the ability to communicate with users at all levels of technical expertise. The candidate must also be able to work closely with external contracting firms, vendors and support organizations. Candidate must be willing to contribute as a team player, show an appropriate sense of urgency, be able to perform under pressure, multi-task, and understand business needs.
- 2+ years experience as a developer or administrator of Taleo or other Cloud based recruiting/talent management modules
- Solid experience with TCC scripting, CSS, HTML, and Taleo configurations
- A good team player who can contribute innovative ideas, but also able to work independently
- Ability to interpret data, communicate findings, and recommend courses of action
- Ability to design, develop and implement high-quality work in a timely manner
- Fluency in multiple development languages, such as SQL, LSQL, XSLT
- Solid understanding of business processes and iterative software development methodologies
- BA/BS in Information Technology, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solving skills and creativity
- A strong demonstrated interest/experience in web technologies is highly desired
- Ability to work independently with multiple business user areas and IT teams
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced environment, performing with an appropriate sense of urgency under pressure
- Experience/understanding of Taleo OBIE reporting and Team Foundation Server (TFS) is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top