Ready to Make a Difference?
GEICO'S Actuary Systems team is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Systems Engineer to participate in engaging Actuary Systems projects. Qualified candidates should have at least 5+ years of professional experience as a Systems Engineer. Candidates must have a strong customer focus and be willing to develop good business knowledge. Candidate must excel working independently as well as part of a team, show an appropriate sense of urgency, effectively multi-task across multiple projects, and provide production support. Strong verbal and written communication will be extremely important in this position as there will be interaction with our internal business customers.
• 5+ years of experience in supporting UNIX based applications as an Engineer
• 3+ years of application development experience.
• 3+ years of experience in developing Shell scripting (BASH /Korn) or Python.
• Experience using Oracle (11g and higher)
• Experience with SOAP, HTTP, JSON, XML and WSDL is desired
• Experience with working with vendors to resolve issues in an efficient and timely manner
• Experience in troubleshooting problems and working with other teams to determine the root cause
• Ability to learn new tools and technologies as needed
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Evidence of skills to analyzing information technology issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Deep understanding of various protocols such as REST, HTTP, MQ is desired
• Network Knowledge TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH/SCP, SFTP, ACLs, NTP, LDAP is a plus
• Experience in apache and tomcat is a plus
• Prototype ETL transformation logic using Advanced SQL techniques is a Plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top