Ready to make an impact? If so, ready on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Open System Storage (OSS) team is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented, and process-driven individual who wants a challenging position with opportunities to learn and advance. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the performance and stability of GEICO's Open Systems Storage environment which supports over nine petabytes of storage used by all of GEICO's critical applications. The selected candidate will configure and provision storage, configure access gateways and switches, use monitoring tools to generate appropriate alerts and to undertake problem determination and preventative action, and upgrade software. The position is on a 24x7 support team and requires work during non-business hours and weekends as well as on call support.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent and 4 years of IT experience with at least 2 years of experience in working with IBM or HP tools
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, AIX, VMware or HyperV
- Experience working with hardware and software used in OSS environment (IBM XIV storage, IBM SVC virtualization, IBM v7000, v5000 storage, IBM SONAS, IBM TPC)
- Experience working with Brocade Network Advisor, Brocade SAN directors and switches
- Experience working with HP 3PAR Storage, and Virtual Instrument’s Virtual Wisdom
- Strong Analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top