Sr. Automation Engineer
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO IT DevOps has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Automation Engineer interested in designing, building and supporting automated solutions that help our dynamic DevOps organization deliver infrastructure as a code.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a DevOps Sr. Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for building, managing and supporting various components and services offered in Azure through Azure automation in a high-availability cloud environment. You will also be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and maintaining software that supports 100% automation.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, assume responsibility and provide long-term solution for the problems that can easily be extended to the organization. You should be able to support large-scale Systems in azure in a 24X7 production support environments.
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master Degree is preferred.
- A good understanding of the full software life cycle, including requirements, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Design, develop, support and deploy Azure application solutions
- Define and document the design of functionality using use cases, process workflow and UML modeling as necessary.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Be proactive about learning new technology and Research and Development.
- Proficiency with MS Team Foundation Server, VSTS and Visual Studio 2013, 2015.
- Good understanding of REST, the HTTP protocol and JSON/XML.
- Experience with the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, ARM templates, and technologies is required. Automation of infrastructure services on Azure is preferred.
- Background on scripting using Azure power shell is required.
- Azure Certification is a PLUS. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification. Any of the 70-4xx or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Microsoft Architecting Azure Solutions)
- Excellent written and verbal communication is desired. Prior experience in supporting multiple databases applications across the organization is preferred.
Salary range $106K-$135K
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top