Software Engineer III
Join an organization where you can deliver first-class software that solves real business problems. As a Software Engineer you'll team up with other Software Engineers, Scrum Masters, Leads, Managers, and Directors. You'll perform application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities. You'll also provide feedback and input to others on topics of architecture, design, code quality, and business solutions.
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're starting a new office from the ground up, and we need self-starters to help mold and shape our strategy over the coming years. The office has been designated as the Center of Excellence, intended to set the standard of delivery. At GEICO we believe in building our own leadership talent from within. The vast majority of leadership jobs are through internal promotion up through the highest levels of the IT organization.
Here's what we want to see from you:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
• Working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, SOA, IOC, Dependency Injection, and Mocking
• 1-3 years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
• 1-3 years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required
• Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
• Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
• Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
• Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top