- Chevy Chase, MD
The ASD Service is looking for an experienced Software Architect to join our team and make significant contributions to our applications and technical strategy. This challenging role requires knowledge and experience in all aspects of cloud technology including application development, hybrid environments, connectivity, container platforms, modern data services, security, monitoring and cost management.
- Develop and implement an Azure cloud architecture, overseeing issues such as migration
- Articulate the trade-offs, benefits and risks of all architecture and design solutions
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across multiple technologies
- Estimate and outline the solutions needed to implement cloud migration as well as continued operations
- Execute the hands-on implementation of proposed solutions and provide technical guidance to teams during the solutions' development and deployment phases
- Expert working knowledge of database design and development with both relational and document-based databases such as SQL Server, Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB
- Experience designing and implementing cloud and on-prem solutions in a hybrid environment
- Experience with database migration patterns
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the functional design and architecture of application systems across multiple technical domains and platforms
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral part of a team, take initiative and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with vendors, business users, and executives, and the ability to communicate technical solutions in business terms.
- Able to balance multiple projects concurrently and manage changes in scope along the way.
As a IT Architect , you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
Back to top