Senior Voice Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is looking for a highly motivated team player with excellent customer service to join the team and be part of the Telecommunication Division.
The ideal candidate must have experience in formulating, implementing and adhering to Change Management Processes and Procedures. A positive, service oriented attitude, teamwork oriented mentality, and sharpened writing, oral and interpersonal skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Cisco Voice & Network Architect you will be performing root cause analysis and providing on-going support and solutions for Cisco and VOIP related systems. You will be supporting VoIP telephony systems for GEICO's contact centers and back office business units. As part of the job, you will deploy, configure and support all aspects of the Cisco Unified Communications, Call Manager, Unity Connection, and Cisco Contact Center Infrastructure and other relevant Cisco Products for Call Centers and Collaboration.
Other responsibilities will include partnering with outside service organizations in support of VoIP environment, managing VoIP devices, developing performance analysis metrics and overseeing the capacity planning for VoIP system expansion. This position will also provide training and mentor technical staff for VoIP troubleshooting, configuration and overall system knowledge.
Another task will involve developing process and procedures for implementation and operational support of systems 24x7 production support & technical support to team and customers.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree required and 4+ Years of experience in Cisco based VoIP solutions is required
- Must be proficient in all aspects related to Cisco Voice VoIP Administration
- Expert knowledge of Cisco VoIP networking equipment and software
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco CUCM, Unity Voice Messaging Systems, and Cisco UCCE Contact Center solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Routers, Voice Gateways, Cisco Unified Border Element and Quality of Service configuration is required
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols a must
- Experience with Cisco UCS, VMWare
- Experience supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure a must
- Experience deploying and managing SNMP-based network monitoring tools
- Strong Knowledge-level system administration of Unix and Windows servers is required
- Working knowledge with Active Directory and LDAP authentication systems
The following certifications are required:
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - Collaboration (CCIE-Collaboration)
Cisco Certified Network Professional - Voice (CCNP-Voice)
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Glassdoor - gdoorit
LinkedIn - #LI-POST
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top